Check out the SQL Server 2008 R2 Best Practices Analyzer if you’re using SQL Server 2008. Looks to be a handy tool that just came out over the weekend.
- Gathers information about a Server and a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2008 R2 instance installed on that Server
- Determines if the configurations are set according to the recommended best practices
- Reports on all configurations, indicating settings that differ from recommendations
- Indicates potential problems in the installed instance of SQL Server
- Recommends solutions to potential problems
The following article also has more info on SQL BPA: Introducing the SQL Server 2008 R2 Best Practices Analyzer (BPA)…