The future is hybrid, kind of like SQL and NoSQL combined. Which is what NoSQL stands for, according to some: Not Only SQL 😉 Hadapt is betting big on hybrid being a requirement for analytic platforms, and Curt Monash nicely sums up the new v2 offering that should be available next quarter.
Hadapt+Hadoop is positioned much more as “better than Hadoop” than “a better scale-out RDBMS”– and rightly so, due to its limitations when viewed strictly from an analytic RDBMS standpoint. I.e., Hadapt is meant for enterprises that want to do several of
- Dump multi-structured data into Hadoop.Refine or just move some of it into an RDBMS.
- Bring in data from other RDBMS.
- Process of all the above via Hadoop MapReduce.
- Process of all the above via SQL.
- Use full-text indexes on the data.
via Hadapt Version 2.