September 15th, 2010
There are some funny little wars being fought in the blogosphere between Teradata and Netezza attacking Oracle Exadata. Instead of taking side, let me just link to what’s been going on so far.
- The Teradata whitepaper that got the ball rolling: Exadata – the Sequel. Exadata V2 is Still Oracle
- DB Professor Daniel Abadi is defending Oracle Exadata
- Netezza releases an eBook Oracle Exadata and Netezza TwinFin™ Compared
- Oracle’s Greg Rahn responds with Oracle Exadata and Netezza TwinFin Compared – An Engineer’s Analysis
- Netezza’s Mike Kearney replies to Greg Rahn
- David Birmingham lights the fire again, and publishes another article on his Netezza blog: Exadata’s SOA (Secondhand-On-Arrival)
That’s where we are right now. If you can only read two links of the six, then read the first two ones, because they add most value, IMHO.